LOW GI NUTRITIONAL SUPPLEMENTS
Tested and Proven in the Workplace – Helping Fight Fatigue
Back to Basics supplements offer the advantage of sustained energy release over a period of 4 to 5 hours against traditional supplements that are sugar based [High GI] and which provide energy for approximately only one hour, followed by a feeling of exhaustion and hunger.
With productivity being the essential business requirement the advantage provided by our Low GI supplements is critical.
Our supplements are also convenient and easy to carry and consume on the job, encourage fluid intake and one product suits all! Safe for all ages, healthy or suffering from an existing Lifestyle health condition, as well as being safe for gluten and lactose intolerant workers.
The Low GI Milkshake
A Pre and Mid Shift Supplement
Ideally the Low GI Milkshake should be provided pre and mid shift, when taking into account recent research demonstrating upwards of 50% of the workforce are arriving on the job in a hypoglycaemics state.
Because of the milkshake ingredients [protein, carbohydrates, fats, vitamins and minerals, fibre and electrolytes], the pre-shift dose stabilises blood sugar levels, provides sustainable energy and puts the worker in a position to carry the required workload for 4 to 5 hours.
FLAVOURS: Banana, Strawberry, Chocolate, Vanilla-Choc, Phuzamandla
AVAILABLE IN: 46g sachets (makes a 500ml drink) AND 100g sachets (makes a 1000ml drink)
The Low GI Energy Drink
A Mid–Shift Electrolyte Supplement
The drink which is designed to complement the pre – shift milkshake by ensuring the product continues to provide the sustainable energy required. by the worker for the rest of the workday.
Constituents include Carbohydrate, sucrose, vitamins, minerals and electrolytes in a delicious Low GI format that encourages fluid intake and provides 4 to 5 hours of sustainable energy. It is recommended that a mid-shift drink be utilised every 3 to 4 hours depending on the length of the shift.
FLAVOURS: Blue Ice, Orange, Tutti Frutti, Ginger Beer
AVAILABLE IN: 23g sachets (makes a 350ml drink) AND 46g sachets (makes a 750ml drink)
Keep warm – keep healthy – keep hydrated
Try Back To Basics’ new energy sustaining, protein- and vitamin-enriched, delicious warm savoury drink that sustains energy, prevents dehydration, and boosts immune systems
With winter fast approaching we are excited to remind you of our recently launched Supa Soup.
Use the Supa Soup to ensure stable blood sugar levels, where time does not permit for a meal (e.g. lunch / dinner) to be eaten.
FLAVOURS: Chicken or Beef
HIGH ENERGY PROTEIN BAR
A Mid–Shift Electrolyte Supplement
A high energy protein bar that is the perfect Low GI meal replacement that can be added to a Fatigue Pack. Use the High Energy Protein Bars to ensure stable blood glucose levels when there’s not time for a meal. Being high in protein the bar is perfect for muscle repair, contains Vitamins and minerals and is high in fibre and prebiotics for improved colon function and satiety.
BAR FLAVOURS: Peanut Crunch, Berry Crunch and Pineapple Nougat.
The Low GI Fatigue Pack
Sustainable Energy throughout the shift
Low GI Lifestyle Nutrition Milkshake and Supa-aide Sports drinks supplements shall be provided to all shift and standby employees as well as employees who are suffering from a chronic illness. Also including sections where vehicle safety forms part of the top 5 risks.
- 15 million incidents free, Full-Shift Fatigue packs issued to major mines workforces 2012/17.
- No Flavour Fatigue reported, because of variety and pre-issue testing for worker acceptability/preferences.
- Dry powder in sealed sachets to prevent contamination, to which water is added, ensuring minimum 2L consumption by each worker daily to comply with legislation.
- Electrolyte content complying with WHO recommendations preventing dehydration, and ensuring concentration levels are maintained throughout the shift, preventing expensive incidents and improving safety.
- High Vitamin C content to assist in body temperature control in hot and cold conditions, plus boost the immune system reducing severity of common colds and u, and other illnesses promoting rapid healing of cuts and bruises complying with Chamber recommendations.
- Low GI Nutrition Fatigue Packs to ensure sustainable energy throughout the shift, and after shift re-habilitation, for better performance shift after shift.
- Protein, Carbohydrates, Fats, Vitamins and Minerals and Electrolytes, to boost the workers nutritional status, enabling better performance, productivity, health and safety throughout the shift, day after day.
- Designed to fit the shift – 8 hour or 12 hour variants. Low Gi ensures suitability for most including diabetics.
- Obese workers lose weight and gain muscle, because they feel full and eat less skaf, under weight workers build muscle
– a “win- win situation over time”.
- Absenteeism levels reduced, ensuring “more hands on deck more often” with important cost reduction implications, making the Back to Basics Nutrition Fatigue Packs a ordable and the ideal solution helping ensure better productivity.
- Fatigue Packs can be tailored to t in with current contracted nutritional issues.
EXPLORING THE BENEFITS
The benefits are more than we can fit in the list but here’s a few
- 4 -5 hours of sustained energy release
- Electrolytes to help maintain hydration and concentration
- High levels of Protein to maintain constant blood glucose [energy] levels and build stamina.
- The correct Vitamins and minerals to maintain good bodily functions
- 250mg of vitamin C to comply with legislation pertaining mine workers.
- Proven taste acceptance across all cultures black and white.
- Variety of tastes of delicious milkshakes and drinks [not porridge] to prevent product consumption fatigue.
- One product to suit all – safe whether you are young, older, healthy or may be suffering from conditions like high blood pressure, diabetes or other chronic conditions like HIV/Aids or cancer.
SHIFT WORKER HEALTH
Due to many environmental and socio-economic factors, shift workers have poor immune systems
Research shows that shift workers generally lead unhealthy lifestyles
Unhealthy lifestyles including poor/inadequate nutrition puts one at significant risk of contracting the coronavirus
Research shows that shift workers are NOT consuming immune-boosting nutrients
Due to Lockdown and inaccessibility of resources (money/transport) shift workers are arriving at work hungry