What is it’s real impact on compay productivity?
Health reasons for being absent include inter alia:
- Diabetes-related symptoms
- Raised blood pressure
- Obesity-related illnesses (insulin resistance, diabetes, hypertension, kidney problems, skeletal injuries, chronic lethargy and fatigue)
- Hypoglycaemia (low blood sugar levels)
- HIV / AIDS
- Injury on duty and Accidents
All of these results in absenteeism and reduced productivity
The direct impact on the employer is:
- Reduced output and productivity for the company.
- Direct loss of turnover
- Increased costs, as often casual labourers need to be employed (paid) to do the work of those permanent employees that are absent.
- Reduced skilled labour: casual workers need to be trained properly, failing which the job is not done correctly creating new issues.
- A work force that is chronically fatigued, demotivated and unwell.